After the first ski run was cleared in 1936 by Leonard R. Dickinson, Buena Vista had family & neighbors skiing on the slope known as the " Big Hill ". Grooming was unheard of. Straight down was the style, hopefully in a track that led all the way to the bottom. The original chalet, made out of a grain bin, was set on top of Beltrami's Bowl. The first rope tow was installed in 1949 and chairlifts were added in 1975.